About Niall O'Doherty
Name: Niall O’Doherty
Position: ColdFusion Web Applications Developer
Location: Derry, Northern Ireland
Years Experience: 15
Education / Qualifications
- ONC & HNC Computer Studies
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead Application Developer
- Applications Architect
- Business Systems Analysis & Design
- Requirements Elicitation, Analysis, Definition, Modelling & Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving with Attention to Detail.
- Enterprise, Business and IT systems Analysis.
- Requirements Planning, Elicitation, Analysis, Documentation, and Management.
- Business Process, System and Data Modelling (BPMN, UML)
- Knowledge and Experience of business systems development Technologies, Frameworks, Paradigms and Standards.
- BP - Steel Forecasting and Demand Management Software System
- Richmond Energy – Business Analysis and System Requirements Consultation.
- Hanes – Bespoke Business Application.
- BP – IM (Integrity Management) – Bespoke Business Application.
- Asset Co. – Business Analysis Consultation.
- ConocoPhillips – Bespoke Business Application.
- Repsol – System Requirements Consultation.
Previously from a Satellite Communications and OEM Development background, Niall joined Biznet in 2005 as a Web Applications Developer and was part of the team responsible for the development of bespoke client web applications.
After successfully implementing a number of client web applications Niall was promoted to Lead Web Applications Developer, responsible for the design, architecture, development and delivery of bespoke client web applications. During this role Niall also applied focus to ensuring the integrity of Biznet’s Client Software Requirements development and management and was also heavily involved in the restructuring and optimisation of the Biznet Software Development Lifecycle.
Since then Niall has progressed to the consultancy role of Business Systems Analyst, bridging the gap between clients and Biznet’s technology (business systems). He is focused on separating the “what” from the “how” by using Industry Standards and Best Practices to help clients identify options for improving their business processes and systems and ensuring the clients overall objectives and business goals are met by developing a better understanding of the structure, policies and operations of the clients business.