After initially moving a database to it's demo environment - I found that I had to manually sync any diagram changes manually as ApexSQL didn't handle these.
I found this article on the Microsoft KB which worked perfectly, allowing me to transfer the diagrams from dev:
How to Move a Database Diagram in SQL Server 7.0 and 2000
- Expand the Databases folder.
- Right-click the database that contains the diagram that you want to copy, click All Tasks, and then click Export Data
- In the Data Transformation Services Import/Export Wizard, click Next.
- On the Choose a Data Source page, click Next.
- On the Choose a Destination page, select the server and database to which you want to transfer the database diagram. Click Next.
- On the Specify Table Copy or Query page, click to select the Use a Query to specify the database to transfer check box, and then click Next.
- On the Type SQL Statement page, type the following line, and then click Next:
select * from dtproperties
- On the Select Source Table and Views page, click the Results destination, and then change it to dtproperties. Click Next.
- On the Save, Schedule, and Replicate Package page, click to select the Run Immediately check box, and then click Next.
- On the Completing the DTS Import/Export Wizard page, click Finish.
- Click OK, and then click Done to exit the wizard.
Leave a Reply